sábado, 15 de noviembre de 2008

A CRAZY WRITER


I’m tempted to call Songs and Letters an autobiographical novel in poetry and prose, but since it is a work in progress, which might be a bit premature. I am also tempted to refer to it as my Odyssey, but writers who say things like that are usually laughed at and brushed aside, so I won’t. What I will say, though, is that this is, or these will be, my Songs and Letters. It’s meaningless, but at least I will be on solid ground.LIKE YOU'LL NEVER SEE ME AGAIN
If I had no more time,No more time left to be here,Would you cherish what we had?Was it everything that you were looking for?If I couldn't feel your touch,And no longer were you with me,I'd be wishing you were here,To be everything that I'd be looking for.I don't wanna forget the present is a gift.And I don't wanna take for grantedThe time you may have here with me.'Cause Lord only knowsAnother day is not really guaranteed.[Chorus:]So every time you hold me.Hold me like this is the last time.Every time you kiss me.Kiss me like you'll never see me again.Every time you touch me.Touch me like this is the last time.Promise that you'll love me,Love me like you'll never see me again.How many really know what love is?Millions never will.Do you know until you lose it,That it's everything that we are looking for?When I wake up in the morning,You're beside me.I'm so thankful that I foundEverything that I've been looking for.I don't wanna forget the present is a gift.And I don't wanna take for grantedThe time you may have here with me.'Cause Lord only knowsAnother day is not really guaranteed.by Alicia Keys

No hay comentarios: